Friday, December 11, 2009

making pizza

Lesa wanted to see some posts about Aussie food. Well, this is not Aussie, but here's how we like to make pizza.First you get out the Kenwood mixer. It was expensive, but I told Hubby that if the tractor ever packed it in he could use the motor off of this baby.
You mix up some whole wheat bread dough, let it rise and all that, then put on an apron and roll it out.
Then you invite some friends into the kitchen.
Then you take turns throwing your pizza dough into the air. Starting with the dough on your hand held like an L shape helps.
Then you assemble your ingredients, spread on the pizza bases, usually in a smiley face shape, then bake.






4 comments:

  1. What fun! Reminds me of Jim throwing pizza dough at our restaurant years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should do it more often. I have heard that there are pizza stones for the bbq. I've been looking for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how functional your kitchen looks! Pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks. I painted the door inserts myself when we first moved in. It's a paint effect called 'frotting', I think. One door has been missing for years and years....

    ReplyDelete