Sunday, August 8, 2010

Io Sono Amore with Tilda Swinton

The Nambour Film Club does it again with a lyrical film starring and produced by Tilda Swinton. I must say, I have never found her an attractive woman, but she was just luminous in the first part of this film. She is an amazing actor and I am a new fan.

In I Am Love she spoke both Italian and Russian. The film is about love (clearly), family, the strictures wealth and society, and food. I smiled, cried and was left mouth hanging open at one point.

The costumes are by Fendi and Jil Sandler and the scenery is just outstanding.

I suggest you watch this with a good friend like Christel, a glass of red wine and some dark chocolate. This Lindt is excellent, just like is says on the package. Who knew salt and chocolate went together?

Like so many European films, this one has explicit sex scenes, but if you are not prudish I say see this film! It's just beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't she just the oddest? I'm going to have to figure out a way to fit a movie into my life one evening so I watch this now, because I do think the girl can act

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish there was a film club here in the boondocks--- I will have to start one myself with the help of Netflix and my trusty dvd player. Does the film club discuss the movies after?

    I love Lindt. At the after Christmas sale, I bought some marked down salted chocolate-- not Lindt-- and it was very tasty.

    ReplyDelete